Permanent Protection Systems
In order to protect and preserve building materials from externally-applied attack (by water, oil, grease and even chewing gum)
ThefAPP® developed by APP All Remove is one of the most effective long-term protection available against soiling, caused by man and by nature, and against atmospheric pollution.
- Water-based stains (red wine, coffee, Cola, for example) are held on the surface from which they can easily be removed.
- Damage by acids (acid rain, urine, orange juice) is reduced or eliminated.
- Since water is not absorbed, freeze/thaw damage is avoided.
- Horizontal surfaces are not degraded by the application of de-icing chemicals.
- Ice is more easily removed since it stops at the outer surface rather than continuing into the pores.
- Organic growth (algae, moss) is denied the water flow into and out of the surface which transports the nutrients required for colonization.
- Graffiti paints are held on the surface from which they can be more easily removed avoiding residual shadows.
- Environmental pollutants (diesel particulates, industrial soot, tire rubber particulates) are not bound to the surface and can be easily removed, often by rainfall.
- Oils and fats from discarded food residues (and parked vehicles) are held on the surface for easy removal.
- Vehicle tire marks are easily removable.
- Although not affecting mechanical keying, the physico-chemical forces binding chewing-gum to a floor surface are significantly reduced making removal easier.
- The surface array of perfluorinated alkyl side-chains not only protects the product itself against the effects of UV radiation but also the solid surface, reducing changes in appearance over time.
Maintenance cleaning is faster, more effective, less aggressive (and therefore less likely to shorten the life of a costly substrate), required less frequently and achieved at significantly lower cost.
Return to top